Thursday, September 9, 2010

Week 4-September 7-10, 2010

This week in Kindergarten, I became more involved in center time. Each day, I was assigned an educational game to play with a small group of students at center time. I really enjoyed being involved in a center during this time because it allowed me to work closely with students and get to know them and their abilities. The games that we worked on were rhyming games and the majority of the students did a great job on these. It was interesting to see how the students helped each other out if they got stuck on a word. There was no laughing or teasing involved (as I have observed in the intermediate grades.) All students were willing to help each other out.

Also this week, my mentor teacher and I planned out when I would be taking over certain lessons in the classroom and when I would start implementing my small group Math activities for my Inquiry Project. She also picked a topic for me to teach about every Friday in the afternoon. Topics include magnets, apples, friends and pumpkins. I was very happy with this and I am excited to start planning my own lessons for the classroom. On Friday and Monday, I will be teaching the students about magnets and conducting a small group activity with them. I am interested to see how the students will respond to my teaching as well as respond to the lesson about magnets. I will also be taking over the calendar routine and weather graph on Tuesday, 9/14.

No comments:

Post a Comment