This week is my last week of teaching everything at my PDS . My mentor teacher and I decided to gradually ease me out of teaching. Beginning next week, my mentor teacher will take over the morning circle/calendar routine, shared writing and read-aloud. I will continue with Shared Reading and Math. The week of November 15th, she will take back Shared Reading and the week after Thanksgiving Break, she will take over Math. During the time when I am not teaching, I may go to the special education room to observe, this is not an area that I am familiar with, but I would like to become familiar with this area. We had our contract meeting this week also. A lot of good ideas were mentioned during the meeting and I think that the theme of my contract is going to be co-teaching. I am interested in working in other grade levels at my PDS and co-teaching subjects that I have never experienced. I am also interested in co-teaching using SMART Board interactive lessons. This is something that I may do in the third grade at my PDS. They have many instructional units that they do and I would like to supplement the learning using SMART Board lessons.
I have not gotten to implement any of my games/activities for my Inquiry this week. We did not have Math at the begging of the week because we had to discuss Thanksgiving, we had no school and then we had to attend a play. I am hoping to do some more activities today with the students during Math Workshop. I am unsure of how my project will turn out and I am hoping to continue it into next semester with my contract hours. The main problem/issue has been finding the time to implement the activities with so much else going on in my PDS community and classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment