Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 13, November 8th-12th, 2010 and Inquiry

This week at my PDS, my mentor teacher took back some of the teaching. She stated that with Kindergartners, she likes to slowly take back certain aspects of the curriculum. I have been taking this time to observe the students and think about how much they have changed/grown since I started in this classroom. I also like to observe the way that the students respond to my mentor teacher since I have been teaching for a while in the classroom. Next, week my mentor teacher will take back Shared Reading and I will be responsible for Math instruction in the afternoons. I am sad to see the semester ending so quickly and I am curious to come back into my classroom next semester and see how different the students really are.


I have also decided to narrow my Inquiry results to the students who are in the red and yellow groups on mClass Math. I conducted my activities with the whole class but after thinking, many students were on level for the beginning of the year with missing number (green). So, my mentor teaching and I decided to assess how the students in the red and yellow groups have improved or not improved. We are also working on Progress Monitoring (re-assessing red and yellow students) for my Inquiry project this week and next week. After we get this done, I will then be able to compare these scores to the initial scores for the beginning of the implementation of my study. I am anxious to see how the students score on the “final” assessment. I want to see if my Missing Number activities have made any impact on the students. Although, I will never be sure that my activities were the only things impacting student performance on assessments.

No comments:

Post a Comment